Quotes about Love (The Definitive List)

Quotes about Love




According to Merriam-Webster, Love is a strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties. But love actually is more than that, right? The definition of love is crafted by everyone differently. That is why we decided to compile quotes about love that portray love definition through various angles.
This collection of the best love quotes contains quotes about love life of husband or boyfriend, one sided love, and any kind of love that is imaginable.
You can take a short love quote or a Buddha love quote, paste it on your status and spread love around you. That is what the quotes about love are for, anyways.

Quotes about Love:


To love is to burn, to be on fire. Jane Austen
True love stories never have endings. Richard Bach
Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option. Maya Angelou
He is not a lover who does not love forever. Euripides
Him that I love, I wish to be free – even from me. Anne Morrow Lindbergh
In the end we discover that to love and let go can be the same thing. Jack Kornfield
Love must be as much a light as it is a flame. Henry David Thoreau
Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. James Baldwin
I wish I had done everything on Earth with you. The Great Gatsby
It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not. Andre Gide Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever – only, nothing is eternal. Audre Lorde
A loving heart is the truest wisdom. Charles Dickens
Every thing that you love, you will eventually lose, but in the end, love will return in a different form. Franz Kafka
Knowing, understanding and accepting yourself is your first step to everything you want in life. Maxime Lagacé
We must love one another or die. W. H. Auden
Love yourself. Then forget it. Then, love the world. Mary Oliver
Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense. E.E. Cummings
Love is the product of how you respond … Love is showing your partner they’re safe, you’ll catch them if they fall, and you’ll drop everything if they need you. Love is unconditional. Love doesn’t keep score. Shane Parrish
Love is a great master. It teaches us to be what we never were. Moliere
Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other. Felix Adler
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. Antoine de Saint-Exupery
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love. Sophocles
Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profundity. Kindness in giving creates love. Lao Tzu
Love’s greatest gift is its ability to make everything it touches sacred. Barbara De Angelis
Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. Washington Irving

Quotes about Love for Him:


“I love you as one loves certain dark things, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda
“To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” – T. Tolis
“Every day I fall in love with you more and more. Well, not yesterday. Yesterday you were pretty annoying.”
“You lift me up to new levels, and make me feel things I have never felt before.”
“You are my blue crayon, the one I never have enough of, the one I use to color my sky.”
“Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.”
“You are my favorite notification.”
“You are my life and the only thing that would hurt to lose. I love you more than anything else.”
“You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.”
“When I listen to my heart, it whispers your name.”
“Forget the butterflies, I feel the whole zoo when I am with you.”
“I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
“You may hold my hand for a while, but you hold my heart forever.”
“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
“Love is a friendship set to music.” – Joseph Campbell
“I need you like a heart needs a beat.” – One Republic

Quotes about Love for Her:


“You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.” ― Julie de Lespinasse
“Your hand touching mine. This is how galaxies collide.” ― Sanober Khan
“For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” ― Stephanie Perkins
“They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
“I’ve been in love with you since the very beginning. You asked why there isn’t anyone else in my life, and the reason … is you.” ― Julie James
“My soul will find yours.” ― Jude Deveraux
“For thousands of nights I dreamed of making love to you. No man on earth has ever hated sunrise as I do.” ― Lisa Kleypas
“True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.” ― Nicholas Sparks
“Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.” ― Charles Dickens
“Just because I’m not forever by your side doesn’t mean that’s not precisely where I want to be.”– Unknown
“For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
“A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.”- Henry Wadsworth
“Your looks, your brain, your romance, and your cooking all get an A+.” – Unknown
“The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.” – Natalie Cole
“I may not be perfect, but I always let you be right. And I know I’m not wrong about that!” – Unknown
“Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.” ― Elinor Glyn

Quotes about Love yourself:


We can only learn to love by loving. Iris Murdoch Click to tweet
If you don’t love yourself who will? Naval Ravikant
Saying no to others is saying yes to yourself. Maxime Lagacé
If you care enough, you will find a way. Maxime Lagacé
To love is, first of all, to accept ourselves as we actually are. Thich Nhat Hanh
A life lived in love will never be dull. Leo Buscaglia
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. Simone Weil
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. Franklin P. Jones Click to tweet
The love we give away is the only love we keep. Elbert Hubbard
Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are. Houssaye
Givers need to set limits because takers rarely do. Rachel Wolchin
Reason is nothing less than the guardian of love. Sam Harris
Be with someone who is proud to have you. Unknown
No one is you and that is your super power. Unknown
Trust your intuition and be guided by love. Charles Eisenstein
In matters of the heart, nothing is true except the improbable. Madame de Stael
Love does not die easily. It is a living thing. James D. Bryden
Love must be learned, and learned again and again; there is no end to it. Katherine Anne Porter
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. Willa Cather
Whoso loves, believes the impossible. Elizabeth Barrett Browning
You are enough. Unknown
The first duty of love is to listen. Paul Tillich

Quotes about Long Distance Love:



It hurts not having you close, but it would hurt even more not having you at all.
I might not be there with you. But I’m always there for you.
That feeling you get when you see his name appear on your phone.
No matter how horrible my day was, talking to you for even just one minute make everything seem perfect.
Those conversations you skip sleep for.
I’m jealous of the people who get to see you every day.
I miss you so much more than the miles between us.
You make me Smile despite the Miles
I wish I could copy and paste you into my bed.
I wanted to send you something sexy, but the mailman told me to get out of the mailbox.
Last night I hugged my pillow and dreamt of you. I wish that someday I’d dream about my pillow and I’d be hugging you.
I’m in my bed you’re in your bed. One of us is in the wrong place.
You are just one thought away from my heart no matter how far away you are.
I may be thousands of miles away but you’re still the first thing on my mind.
You’re worth every mile between us
You’re my favorite notification
Love > Distance
If you listen to the wind very carefully you’ll be able to hear me whisper my love for you.
We are so close Yet so far…
I wish I could teleport to you
One day the plane ticket will be one way.
Ocean separates lands, not souls.

Oscar Wilde Quotes about Love:
"Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known."
"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."
"I am not young enough to know everything."
"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."
"I have the simplest of tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
"I can never travel without my diary, one should always have something sensational to read on the train."
"You can never be overdressed or overeducated."
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple."

J.Cole Quotes about Love:


One thing you should know about me is I never play to lose, Always aim high and rarely obey the rules.
I’m half-black, half-white, so I basically put it like this: I can fit in anywhere. That’s why I write so many stories from so many different perspectives, because I’ve seen so many.
Sometimes our dreams come true, sometimes our fears do too.
For a few minutes you made me feel as if I actually meant something to someone.
You have to hurt in order to know. Fall in order to grow. Lose in order to gain. Because most of life’s lessons are learned in pain.
If you place your importance on appreciation and love, that’s enough.
Get to know somebody and you really learn a lot about ‘em. Won’t be long before you start to doubt ‘em. Tell yourself you better off without ‘em. Then in time you will find can’t walk without ‘em.
You are perfect exactly as you are. With all your flaws and problems, there’s no need to change anything. All you need to change is the thought that you aren’t good enough.
Damn, cold world. I never thought I’d see the day that you’re my old girl.
I’m here to spread a message of hope. Follow your heart. Don’t follow what you’ve been told you’re supposed to do.
I think if I did something in the pop world right now, it would be for Rihanna. I’d love to do something production wise for her.
People congratulate me. I just tell them God is good.
To appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is.

Philosophical Quotes about Love:


“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”
Nietzsche
“At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.”
Plato
“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”
Aristotle
“Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”
Bruce Lee
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Where there is love there is life.”
Mahatma Gandhi
“You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.”
Sam Keen
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Lao Tzu
“Forgiveness is the final form of love.”
Reinhold Niebuhr

Buddha Quotes about Love:


Give, even if you only have a little.
Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
Irrigators channel waters; fletchers straighten arrows; carpenters bend wood; the wise master themselves.
Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.
The greatest gift is to give people your enlightenment, to share it. It has to be the greatest.
If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.
The root of suffering is attachment.
Silence the angry man with love. Silence the ill-natured man with kindness. Silence the miser with generosity. Silence the liar with truth.
People with opinions just go around bothering each other.
Even as a solid rock is unshaken by the wind, so are the wise unshaken by praise or blame.

Quotes about one sided love:


One of the greatest pain and agony is being in one sided love with someone.Anurag Prakash
Break my face, my back, my arms, my neck. But please don't break my heart.Sarah Bettens
Even if you tear me to pieces or even if you reduce me to ashes, I would still go back and give you my heart.Anonymous
All relationships have one law : Never make the one you love feel alone, especially when you are there. Anmol Andore
The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else.Poise
You can sacrifice and not love. But you cannot love and not sacrifice. Kris Vallotton

Quotes about love and marriage:


“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”– Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
“If I had a flower for every time thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.”– Alfred Tennyson
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”– Lao Tzu
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness–and call it love–true love.”– Robert Fulghum, True Love
“Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.”– Helen Keller
“What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life–to strength each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?”– George Eliot
“We loved with a love that was more than love.”– Edgar Allan Poe
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.”– Plato

Quotes about love at first sight:


Falling in love at first sight has its connections. It also has its problems.
Hormones and puberty got nothing to do with my love at first sight. I do believe that I felt it.
Upon opening her eyes, they hit his. The impact was so strong it almost threw them together. Love at first sight works that way.
At first, I did not believe in love at first sight. That was until a special person came along and stole my heart.
If you try to understand love at first sight, it is like two persons looking at each other for a lifetime, and then a miracle happens.
Release your imagination and bottle up your common sense. Soon you will meet your love at first sight.
Young is the heart that always falls in love at first sight.
I always pray to God that I may be beautiful from within so someone can fall in love with me, even at first sight.
Sleeping is much difficult when you fall in love at first sight because your dreams are finally better than reality.
let me choose between loving and breathing; I would be breathing my last breath just to tell you that I love you.
Why are we given just one heart? Simply because the other one is given to that special person for us to find.
I love you, not just for the way you are, but mostly because of who I become when I am with you.
You would be able to see the most beautiful things in love when you close your eyes, and that is when you kiss, cry, and dream.
When I saw you for the first time, I realized what I would do in my life. I would spend it loving you.
There is nothing wrong with love at first sight, but do not forget to take a second look.
I do believe in love at first sight when I met you.
One of the most labor-saving techniques the world has seen is love at first sight.
Love at first sight is only true at first look; the second look disqualifies it.
If you fall in love at first sight, it would save you a lot of time and you could spend more time with your beloved.
In our world, we would always find a person, a perfect stranger, who would give much interest to us at first sight, even before words were spoken.
Falling in love at first sight has its own magic; the ignorance of knowing that it could ever end.
Love is the most misunderstood word in a person’s vocabulary.
A woman who becomes the last love of a man is luckier than a man who becomes the first love of a woman.
A man becomes genuinely happy at two instances: when he meets his first love and when he leaves his last one.
When you receive your fist love at first sight, consider it as a vaccination that would save you from the disease of a second one.
Listening is the first duty love would give.
Life has already given us its greatest treasure to hold: the ability to fall in love at first sight.
There are three great things that could happen to your life: falling in love, being loved by your beloved, and for these two things to happen at the same time.
When your first love becomes your last that would be the time that it would become dangerous.
Falling in love at first sight is slightly foolish and gains a lot of curiosity.
I can only truly love once, and that would be the first time. The succeeding ones would be less passionate.
The love we feel at first sight is so life changing that we are able to remember and cherish it for the rest of our lives.
If you are left with nothing but love, that would be the only time that you will realize that love is enough.
Being your last love would be perfect.
Trust is always a foundation of love, but you need to love first before trusting someone.
When you are looking for someone, there would be no one to find. When you fall in love at first sight, you will notice a lot would be flocking towards you.
Photographs may fade away, but first love at first sight would stay with you forever.
There is such tenderness when a man remembers his first love, but the rest after that would be bunched together.
Love plays with your senses when you least expect it to. That is the reason for love at first sight.
You can never comfort a man from his first love, nor a woman for her last.
Being able to love and feeling loved is the most amazing experience.
When you look for your heart, you can find it where your love is.
I would rather be alone than spend a life without you.
I was a cynic for love at first sight and soul mates before I had the chance to meet you, then I became a devoted zealot.

Quotes about love and friendship:



Charles Caleb Colton
Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship -- never.

Jane Austen
Friendship is the finest balm for the pangs of despised love.

George Jean Nathan
Love demands infinitely less than friendship.

Paul Valery
It would be impossible to love anyone or anything one knew completely. Love is directed towards what lies hidden in its object.


Friedrich Nietzsche
It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.


Fr. Jerome Cummings
A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.


Sarah McLachlan
My love, you know you are my best friend.


So you just looked at the ultimate collection of quotes about love. We put great efforts in compiling these love quotes for you. Did we miss out any quote about love or love category that you think should be mentioned in the article? Share your thoughts in the comments and help us build the most perfect list of quotes about love. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best 11 Quotes about Being Ignored by Someone You Care About

Best End of School Year Quotes

The Best 7 Lil' Wayne Quotes about Love